Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Mansfield District Council uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Personal Bookmarks created by the user are stored as persistent cookies. This allows the bookmarks to be saved between sessions.
- The introductory splash screen can be prevented from appearing every time the website is accessed by using a persistent cookie.
- All map settings are stored using a persistent cookie. This allows the settings to be saved between sessions.
- A session cookie is used to maintain an asp.net session state for the user. This is deleted when the browser is closed.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Microsoft Edge, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy".
- In Chrome, you can adjust your cookies by clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings…."
You can view the Mansfield District Council Privacy Statement at:https://www.mansfield.gov.uk/data-protection-freedom-information-transparency/privacy-notice-mansfield-district-council-1